Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Bellevue Hill’s Rona estate sold for $60m from one property tycoon to another
The historic Bellevue Hill estate Rona has sold for just the third time since it was built in the 1880s, fetching about $60 million for property tycoon Terry Agnew and his estranged wife, Kyril, and settinga non-waterfront housing record in the process.
It was bought by long-time Bellevue Hill localsJacquiand RichardScheinberg, of the wealthy cattle and property investment family.
The sale of the<a href="https://www.domain.com.au/news/rona-renaissan…
- James Packer opts to sell his family’s ‘grace and favour’ house in Woollahra for $7.5 million
For decades,Kerry Packer owned a couple of Woollahra properties known as hisgrace and favour, whichwere offered tofamily and friends in need. That largesse cameto an end this week when his billionaire son James Packer put thelast of them up for sale….
- ANZ CEO grilled on home loan remediation
The bank boss defended brokers as decent, honourable people
- Australians are buying and selling fewer properties: what’s happened and why it matters
Its a trend that has ramifications for the property industry, the broader economy and all those keenly wondering where prices are heading next Australians are buying and selling fewer properties.
FULL REPORT: Housing turnover and house prices: A fractured relationship?
The national housing turnover rate the number of properties bought and sold divided by the total numb…
- Banker to stand trial over involvement in $170m home loan swindle
A former mobile mortgage broker for the Commonwealth Bank has been committed to stand trial over his alleged role in what is estimated to be…
- Young Lotto winner gives parents incredible gift
… is from Williamstown south-west of Melbourne’s city centre, and has vowed to share the million-dollar prize to help his parents pay off their mortgage.
- Former CBA lender to face loan fraud trial
Former Commonwealth Bank employee Andrew Cameron will stand trial for allegedly providing false documents to support home loan applications.
- Suburbia hit hardest by mortgage defaults
In the residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) we rate, delinquency rates are in many cases higher in deals with relatively large exposures to…
- Former CBA mobile lender to stand trial
He will stand trial accused of providing false documents on 121 home loan applications