Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Wells Fargo profits miss estimates on $1 bn litigation costs
Wells Fargo has disclosed a number of probes into its mortgage practices involving government agencies, including the Department of Justice and the…
- Print baron Michael Hannan scores second $13 million buyer on Woollahra trophy
Printing magnate Michael Hannan has proved two times lucky on the sale of his Woollahra trophy home, securing a second buyer at $13 million just months after controversial former lawyer Sevag Chalabian pulled out of buying it….
- Singapore tycoon C.K. Ow lines up for a shot at Sydney’s $70 million house price record
Singaporean tycoon Chio KiatOw is set to sell his Vaucluse waterfront mansion, known as Phoenix Acres,amid hopes it will be the next Australian trophy home to score a place in the $70 million record books….
- The tricky balancing act on rate rises
Add on top of that a lending margin of about 1.5 per cent and it was possible to conclude that the neutral rate of interest rates that mortgage borrowers…
- Property downturn a 'threat', says RBA
The tax records show that 45 per cent of property investors earn less than … suggesting they have retired, about 40 per cent still have a mortgage.
- Women's property investments outperform men's
WOMEN are putting a new twist on the outdated and somewhat offensive suggestion their place is in the home by making more profit from home…
- Melbourne house prices: At the top of the market, it’s all about location, location, location
Melbournes property price growth might be starting to slow, but in the citys most prestigious pockets, wealthy residents are jockeying for prime position.
There are 16 suburbs with a median house price above $2 million and another nine suburbs above $1.9 million, according to the latest Domain State of the Market Report.
The new data also shows that, across the city, 131 suburbs have a median house price above $1 million. In the last year alone, 71 suburbs…
- BOQ broker network expands to over 7,500
The bank has shown real growth in its Virgin Money and specialist lending products despite flatter mortgage lending figures