Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Industry responds to ACCC inquiry into home lending
From association heads to major bank CEOs, the mortgage world was abuzz following yesterdays announcement
- Land banked property could be key to housing people fleeing domestic violence, experts say
When Feven Ayalew fled an abusive relationship, she found herself stuck in a shelter for months on end.
With few social connections in Sydney and no access to government assistance, the 32-year-old and her two children had nowhere else to go.
We dont know anyone here, we have no family, no friends, said Ms Ayalew, who moved her family to Sydney from Ethiopia last year.
[The shelter] was good, Ms Ayalew said. [But] sometimes when y…
- Should pets be allowed in apartment buildings? The Sydney unit owners locked in a legal battle
Half-blind, half-deaf miniature schnauzer Angus is at the centre of a bitter battle at one of Sydneys most prestigious apartment buildings between those who want to keep it pet-free, and others who think theyre barking mad.
The award-winning Harry Seidler-designed Horizon in Darlinghurst has voted to spend $70,000 on legal action to try to evict 13-year-old Angus from its premises in the latest round of the citys strata pet wars.
- The beachfront oasis that convinced this professional couple to ditch their inner city home
Brisbane solicitors Kerrie and Paul were living what many considered to be the ultimate inner-city life in the late 1990s.
Having travelled widely and lived in many different locations from Sydneys northern beaches to London, Africa and the West Indies the couple were both nearly 40 when they discovered what they described as the fantastic work/lifestyle balance that Brisbane offers.
They set up home …
- Why young Aussies are snubbing London for another British city
It is almost impossible to pass a few hours in the streets or pubs of London without hearing the familiar twang of an Australian accent….
- ACCC launches inquiry into home loan sector
Regulator to investigate a wide range of issues in a bid to improve transparency for consumers