Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Explained: What the new rental laws mean for ACT renters and landlords
Canberra renters and landlords, some changes are coming your way.
Next month, amendments to the ACTsResidential Tenancies Actwill come into law.
These changes were introduced to the Legislative Assembly in October 2018 and were passed in February this year.
The laws were originally going to come into effect in March 2020 but earlier this month, <a href="https://www.allhomes.com.au/news/cbr-act-rental-changes-to-come-into-effect-next-month-88813…
- Garage kitchens: Across Melbourne’s north, they’re reserved for the most serious cook-ups
On Grace Saleras stove, chicken soup is bubbling alongside a pot of boiling potatoes, focaccia dough is rising on the benchtop, and a cake sits on a cooling rack.
Nearby there is an oven, two fridges, freezer, coffee machine and pastry maker, alongside a dining setting, television, couch and wood heater.
The only difference with this kitchen? Its in the garage.
Butlers pantries and outdoor kitchens have gained popularity in recent times, but for many …
- ‘It’s a game-changer’: How we can save Australia’s oldest apartment buildings from ruin
A dilapidated 1930s three-storey apartment building in Sydney where unused space is being converted into extra units, and balconies are being added, is forging the future for more than 100,000 crumbling old blocks throughout Australia….
- One in two Aussies believe now's a good time to buy property
According to a model he developed for Curtin University and the Real Estate Institute of West Australia, median house prices in Perth would need to grow … than your mortgage repayments is relevant to all aspiring home owners.
- Big banks back mortgage-price probe
It will be an opportunity for them to explain why they are unable to pass on RBA’s rate cuts in full, execs say
- 'Dead money' or owning a house: Is it better to rent for the long term?
They also did their renting at a time when house prices were not skyrocketing, … Ms Haddan said having a mortgage forces you to save, but if you are…
- Fintech will give us more data about our properties and help us make better purchases
These innovations will impact mortgage lending, energy businesses, home insurance and many other industries. Of course, not every building is a…
- Nick Scali share price surges on double upgrade
For instance, house prices in Sydney and Melbourne have jumped around 4% since the trough in May while auction clearance rates have soared in…
- Millennials in the dark about lenders mortgage insurance — study
Most millennials are unaware that they can purchase a home with less than a 20% deposit