Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Australia's apartment market is self-correcting but won't crash
Though there are growing fears that the Australian property market is in the midst of a bubble, Qualitas group managing director Andrew Schwartz said…
- Mortgage Choice CEO slams 'ridiculous' proxy firms
Chief executive of home loan broker Mortgage Choice John Flavell has taken a swipe at proxy advisers as “crazy”, “ridiculous” and “a nonsense” who…
- Tenants get the upper hand when renting a three-bedroom home in Sydney’s south west
Sydneys hot property prices and tight rental market have been described as a tenants nightmare. But in some suburbs, landlords are reducing their rents to secure a tenant.
Sixty kilometres south-west of Sydney CBD, one landlord recently dropped theadvertised rent on a three-bedroom house in Narellan.
Rented out in 2013 for $430 a week, 22 Mowatt Street …
- Property prices soar in once budget-friendly suburb Macleod
Its a postcode deep in sleepy suburbia, once thought of as a budget-friendly neighbourhood, but Macleods property market is waking up and increasingly to wealthy families….
- First homebuyers reluctant to ask mum and dad for help
Most first homebuyers are afraid to ask their parents for help with the purchase of a property, according to Mortgage Choices annual First Home Buyer Survey.
- An Australian bank just launched a mortgage for people who like $22 smashed avocado …
Home lender ME bank today launched a marketing campaign for its mortgage product under the slogan Have your smashed avo and eat it too.
- Dubbo's median house prices grow to $345000
Dubbo house and unit prices continue to reach new records with the median house price for the city now reaching $345,000. House prices grew at 5.6…
- Residential property market set to soften: QBE
The firms annual housing outlook report looked at current property trends and made several market predictions for the next three years
- ASIC chairman grilled in parliamentary inquiry
The Commission faced a series of questions on compliance in the banking industry and introducing tracker mortgages to Australia
- RBA warns of inner city mortgage risks
A recent report examines exposures for the Australian banking system and highlights the capital city danger zones for new real estate