Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- How to calculate a renovation budget on the spot
Youve found your dream property but it needs work. How much is it going to cost? Calculate a renovation budget on the spot to discover if it is worth buying.
Structural or cosmetic renovations
The easiest way of determining an estimated budget for renovations is to break down the necessary works into either structural or cosmetic, says Tom Needham from property agency, National Property Buyers.
Cosmetic renovations are easier to estim…
- Strata and hotelier communities furious as holiday let report sweeps away Airbnb restrictions
Home-sharers, opportunist apartment owners and lobbyists of online holiday rental agencies are the clear winners in the report into holiday rental legislation to be tabled in parliament today. …
- Departing Mortgage Choice chair blasts box-ticking proxy firms
Frothing ahead of what turned out to be a definitive third remuneration strike at the mortgage broker’s AGM yesterday, departing chairman Peter…
- Mortgage broker chair resigns amid pay revolt
MORTGAGE Choice chairman Peter Ritchie has abruptly resigned after … Speaking at the home loan broker’s annual meeting yesterday, Mr Ritchie…
- Nation of loaners: number of loan applications grows
Mortgage applications rose by a tentative 0.9 per cent nationwide, but fell in housing hotspot NSW by -1 per … Mr Luffman said the falling number of mortgage applications in NSW could precipitate a fall in house prices themselves.
- Non-major announces Australia’s first tracker loan
The lender has introduced a new style of mortgage despite three of the big four banks saying the product is too risky