Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Perth unit prices rise for the first time in more than a year, but experts urge caution as house prices fall
Perths property market has seen a rare glimmer of hope as unit prices increase for the first time since June 2018, new figures show.
Unit prices rose 2.8 per cent to a medianof $344,672 in the September quarter, according to Domains latest House Price Report, released today.
But experts were not convinced the market was on its way back up, as prices were still 1.9 per cent lower than the same time last year.</spa…
- Melbourne house prices rise 4.1 per cent in September quarter, the quickest recovery ever
Melbournes house prices have regained more than half of what was lost in the recent downturn, marking the quickest turnaround ever, new data shows.
Across the Victorian capital, prices rebounded by 4.1 per cent in just three months to a median of $855,428Domains House Price Report for the September quarter, released today, shows.
Melbournes recovery from its downturn began in the June quarter wh…
- Australia's remarkable property price turnaround: National house prices regain a third of losses in …
The ability to service a mortgage has fallen, prices are still below their peak [and] we have seen a subtle relaxation of lending, Dr Powell said.
- Adelaide house prices soften as the record highs of last quarter recede
Adelaide house prices have come down from the high of last quarters record prices, falling marginally over the quarter, new data shows.
The latest Domain House Price Report, released Thursday,showed Adelaides median house price fell by 0.6 per cent over the September quarter to $538,550.
Unit prices did not hold as well as houses, sliding further from the record high achieved earlier this year. They fell -5.2 per cent over the quarter to a medi…
- Sydney property market records fastest rebound in decades
Sydneys property market has recorded its quickest turnaround in decades, withhouse pricesreboundingalmost $50,000 last quarter, new data shows.
Houses prices regained almost one-third of the value lost during the two-year downturn, DomainsSeptemberHouse Price Report, released on Thursday shows, with the citys median up 4.8 per cent to$1,079,491.
The rapid recovery four…
- Relief as vacant land prices on way down
The shortage of residential land has been a major factor in driving house prices up over the past decade, with the cost of new residential land per…
- ANZ offset accounts still not offsetting much
ANZ is still working through a backlog of offset accounts that have not been properly linked to mortgage facilities more than five years … Customers of the bank have been charged the wrong interest rate on their home loan from as far…
- Can Athena Become the Cynosure of the Home Loan Industry in Australia?
Athena is a disruptor of home loan industry and has changed the game entirely. This fintech start-up has introduced itself as ‘home loan wrecker’ and its … mainly attracted to Athena, which makes it easy to switch mortgage lenders.
- Why it's more practical to invest than pay off home loans
The current climate makes mortgage repayments less of a financial burden, allowing homeowners to explore their options
- Are reverse mortgage rates too high?
The government is set to review the pension loan scheme and the rate charged to reverse mortgages