Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Growth still strong for reverse mortgages
Non-bank says theres still a need for the offering, after two banks withdraw products
- YBR celebrates bank exec CEO
The mortgage brokerage has welcomed a new chief executive
- A cold headwind blows into Sydney’s prestige housing market
A run of ultra-prestige house sales this week should be good news for trophy home owners, butagents fear its the first sign of a cold headwind blowing in their rarefied market.
Sydneys harbourside home valueshave remained largely immune to price falls this year thanks to a shortfall in the number of suitably luxurious homes to meet demand.
And while agents say there are still plenty of buyers at trophy home levels, it is vendors who are no longer willin…
- Sydney house prices to continue downward trend, experts predict
Sydney is in the middle of the steepest downturn in house prices in decades and top experts say theres a way to go yet.
In the year to September, $75,000 slid from the median house price; a fall of 8.1 per cent since the peak mid-last year, and a 4.4 per cent fall in unit prices. The ANZ is now forecasting that decline to continue to near 12 per cent before prices steady next year. But senior economist Joanne Masters said this downturn is harder to predict.
- House prices fall in Canberra’s most expensive region
As Australia faces aprice downturn, Canberras housing market is holding up with most regions in the territoryrecording growth over the year. House prices have dropped, however,in the Inner South….
- Melbourne’s wealthiest suburbs hit hard by fastest price downturn in 25 years as tax changes loom
The top end of Melbournes property market has borne the brunt of the citys recent property price downturn, which experts say has more time to run.
A fall of 3.9 per cent in the median price of houses in mostly affluent eastern suburbs over the past quarter is the steepest recorded in at least 25 years.
Since the market peaked nine months ago, the median price has fallen 6.2 per cent to $852,980. Three out of four recent downturns end…
- HSBC slashes rates by 30 basis points for investors
Aussie property investors have been hit with higher rates and increased lending scrutiny up until recently. This move from HSBC may bring some…
- Interest only mortgage shock: 900000 Aussie borrowers are about to get hit with much higher home …
When the interest only period on a mortgage ends your monthly repayments will jump up. Get prepared or refinance to a lower rate. A few years ago…
- Property sharers step up and onto the home ownership ladder
Shared equity schemes and fractional investments are among the expanding options for property owner-occupiers and investors. And the strategy of…
- Melbourne house prices sag but boom continues in Geelong
The latest Domain Quarterly House Price Report reveals that while prices in Melbourne have dropped 4 per cent in three months, Victoria’s regional…