Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Wingate prepares investors for possible Ralan write-downs
Non-bank lender Wingate has prepared investors in its $1 billion wholesale mortgage fund for possible writedowns due to its exposure to failed…
- The Block 2019: Mitch and Mark’s house the most viewed online
As the five Blockhouses at the Oslo head towards auction, one is streets ahead of the competition when it comes to popularity….
- The suburbs you need to target to qualify for the new first-home buyer deposit scheme
First-home buyers wanting to use the federal governments new first home loan deposit scheme will be forced to buy homes in areas well outside of expensive cities, particularly in Sydney and Melbourne.
The government unveiled the latest details of its scheme over the weekend, confirming that 10,000 applicants would be chosen on a first-in, best-dressed basis.
It also revealed the price caps for every capital city and regional across t…
- APRA to ease capital rules for first-home buyers scheme
… wake of the government’s plan to act as a mortgage insurer for borrowers. … Scott Morrison’s first home loan deposit scheme, reflecting the government’s … The price caps have been set with consideration of median house prices…
- No spending boost in RBA rate cuts
Fewer than 7 per cent of borrowers at the country’s largest home lender reduce their monthly mortgage repayments after a Reserve Bank interest rate…
- Price caps for first-home buyer scheme revealed
The price caps will be different for each state and will be based on the location of the property
- Rate cuts unable to give boost to borrowers’ spending?
Borrowers are still paying the same amount of mortgage repayments despite three rate cuts