Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Bank plans move away from home loans
Group rethinking everything from product offerings to distribution channels
- Mid-week auctions: Block of Woollahra units sells for a cool $7.2 million to investors – proceeds donated to good causes
A block of apartments in Woollahra has sold for a whopping $7.2 million with the entire proceeds of the deceased estate donated to hospital and aged-care provider St Lukes Care and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research.
Two neighbouring North Bondi semis and a dilapidated Paddington terrace also drew keen interest from buyers at a mid-week in-room auction event in Sydney.
The residences were among20 auctions on Tuesday night at…
- Cautious optimism for housing markets in cities beyond Sydney, Melbourne, experts say
Property markets are improving around Australian cities beyond Sydney and Melbournein the wake of the federal election and a string of good news for borrowers, property experts say.
The housing markets recovery has been the most dramatic in the two largest south-eastern capitals, but cities elsewhere have also had some upside in the past few months even poor-performing Perth is seeing some green shoots.
House prices edged lower last quarter in Brisbane, Adel…
- San Francisco renovator’s delight with links to colourful art figure listed for $US15 million
San Franciscos famously expensive property market has a renovators delight on offer, in the form of a seven-bedroom, six-bathroom home with spectacular views of the Golden Gate bridge and a twist….
- South Yarra mansion sells for eye-watering $36 million in deal linked to wealthy Blythe, Kerr families
A South Yarra mansion has quietly changed hands for the sky-high price of $36 million in a secret off-market deal.
Entrepreneur Owen Kerr slapped a caveat on the Marne Street residence in February, as first revealed by Domain, with the price becoming public when the sale settled this week in Georgia Kerrs name.
- Lloyds share price: will Q3 follow suit?
In July of this year, Lloyds Banking Group was involved in discussions around acquiring Tesco Bank’s mortgage business. Officially announced in…
- New property boom looks imminent with a range of indicators pointing to price growth
Almost 18 months of declines in median house prices in Australia’s two … a lift in home loan approvals paint a picture of a rebound in real estate fortunes. … research by lenders’ mortgage insurance provider Genworth has found that…
- Stocks to watch
Also, Genworth has renewed its contract with Commonwealth Bank to provide lenders mortgage insurance through to the end of December 2022.