Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- 'Liar loans' put financial system at risk
… about the prospect of customers dealing with rising interest rates and larger mortgage … were not completely factual and accurate on their home loan application in the past year. … A fire sale could send house prices plummeting.
- Naive borrowers pose risks
Referring specifically to Australia, the IMF said homeowners increased consumption in response to higher local house prices between 2012 and…
- Perth's home sales rise as house prices tick up slightly
The volume of Perth home sales has risen 1.4 per cent in the past year, as green shoots continue to appear in the beleaguered WA housing market.
- Renters would be up to $1000 better off under standards to improve health, Environment Victoria report finds
Renters could save close to $1000 in power bills,improve their overall health and cut theircarbon emissions if better energy efficiency standards were applied to rental homes, according to a new report….
- Regional Victoria regions to move to when you’ve decided you’ve had enough of Melbourne
Melbourne is a great city, no doubt about it. Theres no need to list all the boxes it ticks you can read one of many (very original) articles out there detailing why Melbourne is better than Sydney for that….
- Brokers have 'completely changed' their models
Local mortgage brokers are increasingly learning from their international counterparts and developing new and more profitable ways of running a…
- Do you know if you’re on interest-only?
About one-third of home loan borrowers may be unaware theyve taken out interest-only loans, UBS said
- CBA reveals $8bn mortgage reclassification
The major lender has switched almost $8bn of mortgages from owner occupier and investors to household loans for other purposes