Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- New WestConnex tunnel interchange in Rozelle leaves some residents concerned, others relaxed
Rozelle residents who fear they have left it too late to leave a suburb about to be transformed by the amorphousWestConnexshould not be worried, property experts say….
- Suspicion surrounds Corkman developer’s block of land on Brighton’s golden mile
Earthworks have taken place at a Brighton block of land linked to disgraced developer Stefce Kutlesovski, prompting concern from neighbours wary of his controversial track record.
One of the Corkman cowboys, Mr Kutlesovski is known for tearing down a 159-year-old pub over a weekend in 2016, prompting public fury.Neighbours are nervous about the chance of further problems in the exclusive avenue, in a neighbourhood known as Brightons golden mile.
A new …
- Sydney auctions: Young family splashes $3.92 million on run-down Balmain house owned by The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is $3.92 million richer after one of their properties in Sydneys inner west sold under the hammer.
The run-down, four-bedroom property at 10 Thames Street in Balmain drew a healthy crowd of about two dozen people despite the rainy morning.
It was one of 190 scheduled auctions on Saturday, one of the quieter auction weekends, partly due to the NRL grand final and Labour Day long weekend.
- Melbourne auctions: Unfinished, unliveable townhouse sells for more than $1 million
A half-finished renovation did not deter buyers on a sunny Saturday in South Melbourne, with a young investor shelling out $1.003 million for a home the selling agent described as in wrack and ruin….
- This is a family of lifters, not leaners — but that doesn't mean they've got it made
They both work full time, have a mortgage and are about to build a second … After a couple of years in the doldrums, house prices in Melbourne and…