Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Lady Mary Fairfax’s daughter trades down from $100m Fairwater to $3.8m digs in Rose Bay
Anna Cleary grew up at the Point Piper estate Fairwater, becoming the third generation of the publishing dynasty to call it home. Butfollowing its recent sale for about $100 million,she has taken possession of a home in Rose Bay for $3.8 million….
- ‘Like winning the lotto without buying the ticket’: Owners around Badgerys Creek cash in
Once considered the backwaterof Sydneys ever-expanding suburban fringe, Badgerys Creek is fast becoming one of the citys most lucrative suburbs.
Property owners, buoyed by the start of construction on Western Sydney Airport, are poised to cash in on the massive infrastructure investment as house prices in the area skyrocket some as much as 167 per cent in just four years.
Leppington has the lowest median house price to June this year among the suburbs…
- Real estate boss wants doors opened for foreign investors despite public's home ownership fears
… the fear of overseas investment in residential real estate was deeply rooted in society, and that a lot of people feared it would drive up house prices.
- Melbourne Auctions: East Melbourne homes buck the trend in weak spring market
For 57 years to the day a three-bedroom terrace in East Melbourne hadbeen home to the Brosnan family.
Back in 1961,Kathleen Joan Brosnan bought the home at140 Simpson Road with her husband, on their daughter Patricias first birthday.
When it came time for Mrs Brosnan to say goodbye to her home, her children insisted the Victorian be sold on the same date it w…
- Should you be shopping for a new bank?
Those prepared to shop around and switch frequently particularly outside of the Big Four are likely to save big money, particularly on mortgage…
- Investors claim Aussies need three properties to replace their income
Because several property investors have made the alarming claim that the average Australian needs to own three properties in order to retire…
- What Royal Commission Means For Home Buyers and House Prices
What Royal Commission Means For Home Buyers and House Prices … in just days ago, and the recommendations could change the landscape of home ownership, … And what role could APRA play in the decline of house prices?