Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- ALP's policy 'would threaten property rebound'
Yesterday, the opposition confirmed it had no intention of scrapping its negative gearing policies, despite acknowledging a recent fall in house prices…
- Banks facing rates hike downside
But they also can hit the banks’ mortgage businesses, since the higher interest payments could make some consumers think twice about buying a…
- Falling prices allowing first-home buyers back in market
News that house prices have been steadily falling for the past year came as no surprise … We’d been tracking the market and looking at house prices.
- Melbourne’s inner city auctions bucking the trend, as Hawthorn, Camberwell and South Melbourne defy expectations
Some residential property sales in inner Melbourne are defying expectations. At the weekend, a 140-year-old former workers cottage in Richmond surpassed its reserve by $375,000, while hefty prices were paid for homes at well-attended auctions in Hawthorn, Camberwell and South Melbourne….
- Sydney clearance rates tread water, as vendors sell to buy upwards
Sydney homebuyersattempted to upgradetheir standard of housing at minimal cost inselected suburbs on the weekend, as the citys auction clearance rate continued to tread water.
Weaker market conditions acrossthe city contributed to a 50.8 per cent weekend clearance rate from 297 reported auction results.
The reduced price volatility for housing is giving some momentum to second and third-time owner-occupier buyers, many of whom believe they can upsi…
- Brisbane auctions: Sydney bid delivers $1.21m deal in Wooloowin; pulses rise in $1.12m Sandgate sale
Sydney buyers dominated one of Brisbanes top auction sales on Saturday, desperate to purchase a family home in Wooloowin before the imminent birth of twins.
The couple beat stiff competition from eight registered bidders including three interstaters, to clinch the four-bedroom, renovated Queenslander for $1.21 million.
The sale of the Hamptons-style house on 486 square metres in front of…
- Cash rate increase up in the air as RBA keeps eyes on econom
Impeded unemployment rate will impact RBAs future monetary policy decisions