Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- The Design Files: A ‘way out idea’ becomes a distinctive architectural landmark
Who: The McCraith House
Where: Dromana, Vic.
What: Mid-century marvel
The McCraith House on Victorias Mornington Peninsula is one of the areas most distinctive architectural landmarks, affectionately known by locals as the Butterfly House. It was commissioned by Gerald and Nell McCraith and designed by modernist masters Chancellor and Patrick in 1955.
Gerald McCraith was no ordinary client. The story …
- The benefits of getting a reverse mortgage
Many thanks to the reader who pointed out that the exemption of the family home from the age pension assets test is not the only reason for the…
- HSBC joins mortgage war with 3.6pc loan
This follows a deal it struck recently to sell its mortgages through home loan brokerage Aussie Home Loans. It also plans to raise its profile in Australia…
- Ipswich Mayor Andrew Antoniolli says he didn't know former council CEO was helping his campaign
Mr Wulff said he had never seen the CCC report and insisted he had told Mr Pisasale about the mortgage. It’s not in my recollection that I breached…
- Stop pretending everyone will own a home, housing experts say
A lot of the drivers that have driven up house prices to date such as strong population growth, foreign demand, limited supply, taxation arrangements,…
- Your coffee habit could be keeping you in mortgage debt
Redirecting your coffee budget to your mortgage repayments could slash your interest payments significantly