Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Streets with better names: Melbourne’s most creative
Whats in a street name? Up to $140,000 difference in median property valueif you look at the research released late last year….
- Owners of NSW apartments with combustible cladding may need second mortgage for repairs
Apartment owners in the 435 NSW buildingsidentified to have been built with potentially high-riskcombustible cladding may have to take out new mortgages to raise the money to make them safe.
The longer they delay action, the higher the risk of a devastating fire with loss of life and a potentially ruinous damages bill, and the more likely their insurance could be cancelled.
Theres no comfort for anyone in this situation, warns …
- Why it might be the right time to buy
Latest data from REIA showed that home prices continued to decline in June
- Rate hikes, political instability puncture consumer confidence
The detail suggests that confidence has been affected by increases in mortgage interest rates; political instability and household budget pressures,…
- Politics hurting consumer confidence
A measure of consumer confidence fell sharply in September as political instability in federal politics and hikes in mortgage rates by most of the big…
- Mortgage brokers to receive less commissions by lender NAB
The move which came just a day after NAB revealed it was not following Westpac, ANZ and the Commonwealth Bank in lifting variable home loan…
- New data shows tough situation for first-home buyers in Australia
Explaining the concept of mortgage stress is Sally Tindall, RateCity.com.au … First home-buyers see similar problems over all of Australia despite median house prices lowering, the amount needed for stamp … of home-ownership among Australian individuals aged 18 to 39 plummeted to 25 percent.