Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Using equity loans to expand your portfolio
More than half of all property investors are using equity in their homes or other … When house prices drop, many borrowers will be unable to service the … John Flavell, CEO of Mortgage Choice, said investors are still required to…
- Wealth is up but ABS warns more than 400000 Sydneysiders are 'over-indebted'
Soaring house prices have lifted the wealth of the average Sydney …. Sydney households an average of $139 a week more in mortgage repayments.
- A beginner’s guide to Melbourne and its different regions
So youve decided to make the move to Melbourne. Whether thats because youre studying, got a new job or have simply decided trying to save $7 million for the necessary deposit on a shoebox apartment in Sydney is too much to deal with now, welcome.
But where do you belong? Which of Melbournes tribes will you ultimately claim membership of? Will you be north or south of the river, or (shock, horror) in the west?
- Mortgage delinquencies rise to 1.7 per cent, up from from 1.5 per cent in 2016: Moody's
Credit rating agency Moody’s Investors Service warned the delinquency rate for Australian prime residential mortgage-backed securities of more than…
- ASIC leads probe into scandal-ridden Big Four
Australias major banks have been accused of money-laundering breaches, benchmark rate-rigging, and widespread mortgage fraud
- ASIC on triple review rampage
The regulator has revealed details of its reviews on interest only lending by brokers, loan fraud allegations, and reverse mortgages
- Franchise to double loan writing team
The groups finance arm has also undergone a dramatic rebrand to include much more than just mortgage broking