Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Sales of detached homes across mainland states nosedive
… in inward migration since July 2017, constraints on investor finance imposed by state and federal governments and falling house prices,” HIA said.
- Canberra property market to heat up over spring selling season
The start of spring brings with it many things new flowers, warmer weather, swooping magpiesand for the real estate industry, the busiest time of the year.
Each year in Canberra, according to Domain data, the total level of sales stock and number of auctions in the property market over spring exceeds that of every other season.
In 2017, 1544 houses and 870 units were listed in spring and there were 1116 auctions over the season.
Comparethat to winter 2…
- Stagnant wages not helping housing, says Harry Triguboff
Meanwhile, banks have started raising home loan rates, led by Westpac last week. Government and … The proportion of household income needed to pay a mortgage remained very high for Sydney and Melbourne, he said. While in…
- Yellow Brick Road tries and fails in 'exclusive' negotiations to borrow money
It is a principle inherent to the value proposition of mortgage broking (a dubious concept, but stay with us) that there are gains to be had in forcing…
- CBA recalculates loan book to invite customers to pay debt slower
Fairfax Media previously reported that CBA home loan customers with … 2500 mortgage customers and an equally small proportion of personal loan…
- Sydney buyers given hope as properties sell below price guide
- 3, 2, 1, Go!: Banks start mortgage rate hike race
Suncorp and Adelaide just followed Westpac’s move to raise mortgage rates
- Value of outstanding home loans sees slight growth
How does this affect the housing market?