Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Mortgage broker fees making home loans riskier, Royal Commission finds
Mortgage brokers have pushed back against a proposal to ban … The report also raises whether home loan brokers, who typically earn about $3500…
- The Sydney postcodes vulnerable to further significant price falls
House prices in these suburbs have fallen by 12 per cent, on average, over … postcode with a mortgage to produce its Boom and Doom Property index. … 6069 Perth postcode are repaying a home loan, making it more susceptible to…
- The Melbourne postcodes vulnerable to further significant price falls
House prices in Hawksburn and Toorak (3142) have fallen 18 per cent over … postcode with a mortgage to produce its Boom and Doom Property index. … repaying a home loan, making it more susceptible to a downturn in prices”,…
- Father nabs first home for his investment banker son in Crows Nest for $1,803,000
While the nation was preparing for their favourite football clubs to go head to head, the property market was busy scoring goals of its own on Saturday.
Tightly held homes in highly sought-after pockets of Sydney were kicking their reserves out of the park at auctions on the weekend.
Mitchell Sedgwick, an investment banker and his partner, Emma, a marketing manager, nabbed their first home in Crows Nest for $1,803,000 thanks to Mr Sedgwicks…
- Collingwood fans buy new home site on their way to Grand Final barbecue
With kick-off just a few hours away, large crowds still turned out to watch homes across Melbourne go under the hammer on Saturday morning.
Just three dozen properties were scheduled to go to auction on the day of the AFL Grand Final, down from more than 1000 last weekend.
But footy fans were not deterred. Two Collingwood supporters driving past an open for inspection in Balwyn North made an impulse decision to buy a block of land for more than $1.3 million.
- Would you delay retirement to help your kids get their first home loan?
Due to tougher mortgage lending standards it’s increasingly difficult for younger generations to break into the property market. To help with this,…
- The builder shortage is changing Victoria’s housing market, with a push to prefab
When Rachael Brown was looking to build her dream holiday (and rental) property in Harrietville, close to Mt Hotham in Victoria, her choice of builder was a prefab home company.Like many wanting to build in Victoria, she knew it wasnt going to be easy to find a builder for a bricks and mortar type home….