Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Online retailer in home loan space
The website already sells TVs, appliances and tech, as well as insurance, internet and phone plans
- Dwelling values drop for 11 month
The latest figures show five capital cities have recorded a fall in house prices
- How to build a dream home on the Sunshine Coast: Land for under $590,000
From untouched beaches to retail and dining hubs, the Sunshine Coast comprises some of Queenslands most varied real estate.
Available land, however, is hard to find, particularly if youre after something that makes the most of the lush landscape and picturesque coastline.
Its even trickier to find a spot to build that wont double your budget or reign you in when it comes to designing your perfect pad.
These five land parcels offer a range of li…
- Victoria should copy NSW laws to deal with short-stay rental ‘problem’: lobby group
Politicians are again being called on to support sweeping changes to the owners corporation rules, includingtougher regulations on short-stay rentals.
Strata Community Australia (Victoria), one of the leading lobby groups in the powerful property lobby, wants a mandatory code of conduct, similar to that recently introduced in NSW for short-stay rentals, introducedby a newly elected state government later this year.
Under the <a href="https://www.nsw.gov.au/news-and-e…
- Victoria’s rent reforms could pass Parliament this week if changes are made to pet rules
Two key Victorian upper house crossbenchershave flagged that they will not support the state governments rental-reform package unless concerns over pets are addressed….
- Looking for high returns? Check out these suburbs
A rental property in these areas can essentially pay for itself
- Domainfax demands mortgage fraud continue
MB has long observed Fairfax Media’s descent from objective journalistic house into rent-seeking property parasite. Today we get that in spades at the…
- FBAA slates 'toothless tiger' APRA as more banks hike rates
Following Westpac’s decision to lift home loan rates by 14 basis points, … per cent (4.09 comparison rate) and investor mortgage starting from 4.11 per…
- Bank rate hikes 'reasonable' despite 'unusual' market: ANZ
The combination of rising mortgage rates and falling property prices is unusual … Westpac’s 14 basis point pricing adjustment to its home loan products. … The mortgage rate increases that took place in 2008 when house prices…