Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Key life-events are occurring much later in life
Whereas a decade ago more Australians aged 30-34 had a home loan than were renting, now 42% of 30-34yr olds are renting, up significantly since…
- 'Risks magnified' when investors use equity loans to buy multiple properties
More than half of all property investors are using equity in their homes or other … these investor loans are interest-only and when house prices have fallen in a … Dream Financial mortgage broker Paul Bevan said investors should…
- ‘Risks magnified’ when investors use equity loans to buy multiple properties
A common strategy used by property investors around Australia to amass large portfolios of real estate is potentially veryrisky, experts warn.
More than half of all property investors are using equity in their homes or other investments as a way to pay for a deposit on another property, with lenders allowing them to tap into house price growth seen during the property boom.
While this strategy is popular with property investors as it doesnt require them to cough&nbs…
- The streets of Melbourne’s richest suburbs where next to nothing ever comes up for sale
They are not necessarily the most expensive properties money can buy. They have far more cachet than mere $20 million-plus price tags because they are so exclusive and so beyond tightly held that virtually no amount of ready cash waved at an owner can buy them.
Lets call the homes or estates or neighbourhoods that saving some unforseen event are almost never for sale, the iron gripped property class.
As such, they are desti…
- Generation gap divides apartment living, City of Sydney survey of unit dwellers shows
Theres a widening gulf between residents in Sydneys growing number of apartment buildings, a survey on attitudes has revealed.
Deep divisions now exist between Millennial tenants and older owner-occupiers who fail to see eye-to-eye on nearly every aspect of apartment-living, with this inter-generational warfare signalling many more potential issues in years to come.
The new-style generation gap has been exposed by a <a href="http://www.cityofsydney.ns…
- The Gold Coast's real estate suburb ratings revealed by the 2017 Census
… trumping their southern counterparts when it comes to home ownership since 2011. In Arundel, almost one in every three homes is mortgage free.
- Why it's wrong to hope for a housing crash in 2018
So if wages can’t even begin to catch up with house prices, surely a big property crash is the way to bring things back into balance? Well, not really.
- ASIC releases educational videos for homebuyers
Hosted by Shelley Craft, the videos provide valuable tips for those who want to enter the property market
- Global bank heralds 3.65% mortgage
The lender, which has recently re-entered the broker channel, hopes to encourage more borrowers to switch loans
- Brokers to benefit from cross-lender L&D platform
The system will be rolled out by a national mortgage franchise to help member brokers run a more efficient business
- Platform launch to build leads with Chinese buyers
Today marks the rolling out of a new digital system to help brokers find Chinese investors interested in Australian property