Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Why it makes sense for RBA to slash rates in its next move
Westpac was the first big bank to raise mortgage rates. Suncorp and Adelaide Bank followed suit, raising rates on several of their mortgage products.
- Perth house designed to look like authentic period mansion lists for $8m+
We couldhave sworn from the facade of this ornate mansion in Peppermint Grove that it was a relic from Perths past.
But such is Chantry Houses design:to present convincing heritage appeal, minus the maintenance.
The property was built from scratch eight years ago, but the iron lacework skirting the balconies, the decorative archways…
- Everything you need to know about ceiling clips, coffered ceilings and acoustic mounts: courtesy of Kerrie and Spence
One of the biggest dramas on thisseason ofThe Block has beenabout a tiny, invisible component that few contractors, let alone renovators, might have seen or know exists.More specifically, 170 of them.
Were talking about acoustic ceiling mounts, also known as ceiling clips, which Kerrie and Spence used when installinga dramatic coffered ceiling in their open-plan living and dining area.
Using the wrong type of clip, however, meant Ker…
- ‘It all builds up’: How to look after your mental health while renovating
It was a week of reality television that mimicked reality far more accurately than the shiny production usually does.
The Block usually a showcasefor design talk and deadline drama was punctuated by conversations around mental health as contestant Spence spoke freely of his battle with depression and anxietywhile on the show.
Weve found it extremely hard dealing with this,&rdquo…
- The worst is yet to come for Australia's housing market, experts warn
Property prices in Melbourne and Sydney may fall by as much as 15% by 2020
- Next Generation of Banknotes: Circulation Date for the New $50 Banknote
Media Release Number 2018-22: As announced by the Governor Philip Lowe yesterday in his comments in Perth, the new $50 banknote will be released into general circulation from 18 October 2018.