Today’s trending stories in Australian home ownership and Home Loans.
- Calls for Victoria to introduce bidder registration at auctions
Bidders at auctions should no longer be anonymous, according to a top Melbourne real estate agent, who says bidder registration would make auctions more transparent and deter dummy bidding.
As the traditional spring property selling season gets underway, The Agencys Michael Paproth has called on the state government to follow the lead of NSW, Queensland and South Australia by introducing compulsory bidder registration.
Mr Paproths support for bidder reg…
- Australians’ home loans size grow despite falling property prices
Property prices may be falling but that hasnt stopped Australians taking out larger loans, including first-home buyers.
The average home loan size of owner occupiers in Australia has increased 7.5 per cent since last July to $408,600, according to new ABS housing finance figures.
First-home buyers across the nation arent too far behind either as their average home loan was valued at $345,800 a 7.4 per increase.
First-home buyers in NSW were taking ou…
- Sydney clearance rates soften as sellers forced to meet buyer expectations
The cooling property market is biting into one of Sydneys favourite pastimes, the Saturday street auction. Under pressure sellers are increasingly taking their sales behind closed doors to achieve a sale….
- Mortgage Borrowers Should Think About Switching To Fixed Rate Home Loans
Over the last few months mortgage lenders have been raising their variable rates and passing on increased funding costs to borrowers. … For example, if you take out a $300,000 home loan to be repaid over 25 years, based on the…
- Homebuyers becoming more honest on mortgage applications as liar loans shrink from royal …
The analysts go on to say that this means home loan standards are likely to tighten further, rather than be relaxed, as the commission’s interim report is…
- How housing boom drives rising inequality
Our analysis shows that, once rent and mortgage costs are deducted, the rate of … On average, capital city house prices have doubled since 2003.
- Almost one million Aussie households now in mortgage stress
The number of Aussie households struggling to make their mortgage repayments has climbed to almost one million as bank-driven interest rate hikes…